The Laos 5 AM for 5 Days ChallengeWe're waking up at 5 am for 5 days to offer Alms to the monks in Luang Prabang
Each year we hold an event to raise funds to continue to provide sponsorships and educational, medical and general support for these dedicated groups of Lao students.
WHAT ARE WE FUNDRAISING FOR?
Our project equitably supports target groups of disadvantaged students including:
- Novice Monks
- Lay people: male and female, children and adults
- Girls from a local organisation that assists disadvantaged females from rural Lao gain access to education and opportunities
To reach our objectives we offer:
- English language lessons
- Female-only classes and health and life skills workshops
- Scholarships for secondary, tertiary and vocational education and training
- Medical and basic needs support
We are aiming to raise £5000 to contribute towards scholarship and support.